>Back in August, it was time to celebrate my birthday and there wasn’t anything that I wanted more than to head to the beach and spend a relaxing weekend eating good food, drinking good wine and laying on the sand all day. A few great ladies and I packed up and headed down to Wilmington to celebrate the birthday of Julie and myself.
The menu for the weekend was extraordinary, lots of yummy foods to munch on while sipping lots and lots of great wine.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is such an easy dip and perfect for the beach, it is light and flavorful and leaves you wanting to come back for more.
1 English Cucumber
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Red Onion
1 Cup Ranch Dressing
2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1/2 Cup of Salsa
1. Dice all the vegetables, finely dice the jalapeno
2. Mix vegetables together with Ranch dressing, salsa and cheese
3. Serve chilled
Monterrey Jack Pimento Cheese
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce w/ Garlic Rolls
Easy Cheese with Triscut Thin Crisps
Peel and Eat Shrimp in Cajun Seasoning
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
6 slices of white bread, cubed
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 package Jimmy Dean Sausage Hot
There is no better cure for a hangover than a pre-made breakfast casserole, this one is my favorite so far because it is simple and easy.
1. Brown sausage and drain fat
2. Whip together eggs, milk, mustard and seasoning
3. Spread cubed bread in baking dish and pour egg mixture over it evenly
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of the soaked bread mixture
5. Cover and refrigerate over night
6. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees and bake covered for 30 minutes, uncovered for the last 15. The eggs should be fluffy and bounce back when you touch them.
7. Serve with salsa or hot sauce
Birthday Cookie Cake
Who doesn’t love a cookie cake? Forget buying a pre-made one from the store, you can make a quick and easy cake in no time.
1 tub of Toll House pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough
1 disposable baking pan
Icing to decorate
1. Press the cookie dough onto a grease pan making a flat and even cookie
2. Bake for the indicated time
3. Let cook and then decorate
This birthday weekend was the perfect mix of good friends, good food and good wine!