Today is a day for love, chocolate, flowers and sweets! How do you show those you care? I go straight to the kitchen and share my love through cooking…which may not be the most figure flattering, but it is one way that I love to care for those around me. On this special day I wanted to whip up a favorite sweet, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! I love these cookies because the addition of the oatmeal makes you feel a little less guilty for enjoying a cookie.
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Put the butter and eggs out and bring to room temperature. Some recommend that you leave the butter and eggs out on the counter over night, I did this and was happy with the results.
2. Blend the butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Combine the dry ingredients, except for the oats, in a separate bowl.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients into the butter/egg mixture, a little bit at a time until all combined.
6. Add in oats to mixture, a little at a time, until all combined.
7. Mix in the chocolate chips. *Optional additions could be butterscotch chips, toasted shredded coconut or almonds.
8. Roll into small balls and drop onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.
Whatever you do to celebrate this special day, I hope you feel as loved as you are! Happy eating!